Serving Real Estate Buyers, Sellers & Investors In
You need a Prospect, CT Realtor that will represent you and help you negotiate the best deal. Smart Prospect home buyers work with CONNECTICUT REAL ESTATE buyer agents.
General Information From the Dept. of Consumer Protection: A Buyer’s agent represents the interests of the buyer in a real estate transaction. The Buyer’s agent’s responsibilities to the buyer are: undivided loyalty, obedience, diligence, disclosure, confidentiality, accounting, and reasonable skill and care. All duties are fiduciary — they are owed exclusively to the buyer – NOT to the seller. Learn More
A small town located in the county of New Haven in Connecticut, Prospect is surrounded by towns like Naugatuck, Waterbury, Bethany and Cheshire. It has an area of 14.5 square miles. The town was initially called Columbia Parrish. It was incorporated in 1827 and was formed from parts of Waterbury and Cheshire.
The name of the town is suggestive of the fact that it offers good prospects or views as it is located at a high elevation. It began as an agricultural community. In the early days after Industrial Revolution, the town started manufacturing a large variety of products. The Ten Mile River was the source of waterpower which was utilized to set up small industries or factories in Prospect, Connecticut.
The only plank road of the state of Connecticut was constructed in 1853 connecting the towns of Waterbury and Cheshire. This road passed through the town of Prospect. However, the town was unable to compete with the neighboring Naugatuck and Waterbury towns which is why industrialization did not go beyond a certain level. In today’s times, Prospect, Connecticut is mainly a rural town.
The town’s historic Green is a cultural hub with the Tuttle Library and Civil War Monument. There is another reason why the Green stands out in Prospect. There is a very old structure on the Green which is basically a home that was built back in 1841. The Greek Revival style in which it is built is complemented by the Colonial Revival style which is evident in the surrounding buildings on the Green. It provides a cultural timeline through the varying styles of architecture present here.
Things to note:
- The median property value in Prospect is $281,500.
- The town population is 9,739.
- The cost of living in Prospect is almost 29% higher than the national average.
- The rate of unemployment is 4.6%.
If you want to make Prospect, Connecticut your home, the only thing that you need to do is to get in touch with Connecticut Real Estate & Investment.
Why select us?
- You get exclusive representation from our agents in every property deal.
- We are not associated with the seller in any way. We do not list properties or make side deals with the seller.
- Our team of experts comes with years of experience in dealing with the property market in Prospect.
- We have an extensive range of properties to offer through our advanced search portal for you to choose from.
- We negotiate skillfully with the seller to bring down the listed price as much as possible.
- You get cost effective renovation ideas from us to increase the resale value of your home after you make the purchase.
To avail all these facilities in Prospect, Connecticut, give Connecticut Real Estate & Investment a call today!